- Travis and Justin Conley who talk about their grandfather who survived the Bataan Death March, was transported to Japan in one of the "Hell Ships" and finally liberated in August 1945. He wrote an amazing journal which I and Steven Lomazow are co-authoring a book about the experience.
- Maxine Giannini, author of the book Drawing D-Day will talk about her husband who served with the 116th Infantry Regiment of the 29th Division (same unit that was the subject of Paul Zigo's lecture last week). He penned many sketches of the unit in grim detail, which Maxine narrates in her book about her husband.
- Alfred Deluca, a World War 2 Book Club member. His brother also served with the 116th Infantry. Alfred has pictures and letters he will share with us about his brother's service in this remarkable unit.
- Dr. Richard Riva, also a Book Club member will tell us about his father's service in China during World War 2
- Dr. Schonberg, the President of the Book Club will talk about his father's combat experience in North Africa, Sicily and Italy during the war.
Thursday, October 29, 2015
Veterans' Night - November 17
The next meeting is on Tuesday, November 17 at 7 p.m., “Veterans' Night.